We're honored to have won this year's Celebrated Service Award for Lansing! The nominees for this award were recognized for building service in the community that leads to meaningful change. We were up amongst some commendable competition. We look forward to continuing with our mission to encourage successful pet relationships throughout Michigan! Thanks again to everyone who voted and supported us throughout the years!
Preuss Pets Gift Cards - Available For Purchase Online!
Now you can pick up your Preuss Pets gift cards ONLINE, and have them shipped to you, or your friends for gifts! Just follow the link below to our online saltwater coral store - www.crazyricksonline.com. You'll be able to put them in your cart, checkout using paypal or Google checkout, and we can either ship them to you free of charge, or you can pick them up in the store! Special note, on Crazy Rick's we sell 'Preuss Pets Gift Cards' and 'Crazy Rick's Gift Certificates' - if you'd like to pick one to be used in our retail store Preuss Pets, then be sure to choose the 'Preuss Pets Gift Card' Thanks!!
Here's the link! - www.crazyricksonline.com/shop/index.php - Happy shopping!
Welcome to Preuss Pets!
The Preuss family has been in the pet industry for over 30 years, and we offer a wide selection of marine and freshwater animals, a full line of small animals like gerbils, ferrets, guinea pigs, a large variety of reptiles, one of the largest selections of tame and talking parrots and caged birds in Michigan, as well as kittens. Our 22,000 square foot store is jam packed to provide you the largest selection of top-quality products to assist you in caring for your pets. Our staff is dedicated to ensuring the health and well-being of your pets. Each department's staff maintains a high level of expertise in his or her subject matter. We are committed to answering all of your questions thoroughly and accurately.
We endeavor to make our store a destination all its own. The store's ambiance is enhanced by an original mural designed by local artist Tom Phillips. When you come to Preuss, you not only get to experience an eclectic mix of animals, plants and art, but also of people. People are the core of the pet industry, and at Preuss we serve thousands of people from lawyers to Michigan State University students to elementary school tours. Preuss has something for everyone. Please take a second to check out our departments. Then, put Preuss on your destination list tomorrow! Preuss works hard to be green! We participate in the following environmentally sound practices:
- Paperless ordering
- Cardboard recycling
- The recirculating system on our reverse osmosis system cuts wastewater by 50%
- As much as possible, we do our own fish breeding and coral propagation in-store, which cuts down on fuel consumption, puts less strain on wild collection sites and less pressure on the Florida wetlands (where many fish are bred.)
- We reuse plastic containers and bags for many uses around the store.
- We recycle old faxes and paperwork and use them for scrap paper.
- Our fishroom uses real towels instead of paper towels.
- Our overhead lighting uses power-saving compact fluorescent bulbs.
- We abide by all invasive species regulations and disseminate the information in classes and through daily customer interactions.
Things Customers Can Do to Be Green:
- Bring in your own bag, or go bagless at the counter.
- Use light timers on tanks.
- Reuse changed tank water for gardens and houseplants.
- Keep filters clean, which increases efficiency and cuts down on power consumption.
- Use recycled newspaper substrate (such as Yesterday's News) for reptiles and small animals.
- Bring in your own cricket carrier to cut down on plastic bag use.
- Dispose of unwanted plants, fish or reptiles properly - please don't ever just dump them into a lake, river or pond, or "let them go free." Call us if you have questions about where to place your pets to cut down on invasive species decimating our beautiful Michigan habitats.
- Bring in your empty paper towel, toilet paper or gift wrap rolls for us to reuse with our cricket habitats.
- What can you think of to help?